An Acquaintance



An Acquaintance
I just drove to McKay’s bar
In my royal blue BMW car
It was late evening & it was getting dark              
I just drove aside & made it park

Climbing the white marble stairs I went inside
Shaking hands with people who came outside
Many whom I met, I had never known
I took a martini in a glass that was cone

Many a colored drink were at the shelf
To choose one I took bartenders help
He gave me the one that looked like blue ink
After the first sip, my mind stopped to think

My head was spinning & I looked all around
I could hear faintly the DJ’s sound
The bar girls were dancing for a lazy song
I felt seconds that passed were very long

In a corner I saw a lady dressed in velvet black
Her face looked familiar which I had seen some time back
To talk with her I went more near
And asked her “are you alone dear?”

She gave me nod with smile across her lips
Then we came out giving waiter his tips
We took a path that seemed quite dark
As we walked we could hear the sounds of dog’s bark


Then she talked to me and shared many things
Tears rolled down as she was overcome by feelings
For a moment she paused and wiped her tears
And told “thanks, now I have no more fears”

Hearing her tale I felt very sad
Even with a good person, things may go bad
But by having shared with me she felt relief
And in life she regained a new belief

I then realized it was time to go
I said to her bye and walked back very slow
All we need in life is someone to share
Our happiness and sorrows and in troubles to care

                                                                   ~ SURYA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

The Gambler's Night

Devouring of the Moon