A BUS JOURNEY


A Bus Journey

As I climbed into the bus
I caught a place for myself to sit
From where I had the complete view
I could see many faces new

Thinking it was right time
To bring the power of my observation
I started staring into the eyes
Of this new found population

As I looked from face to face
To decipher the feelings of human race
I found it to be a difficult task
To unearth the reality concealed behind their mask

But when you observe people
When they aren’t aware
The mask will not exist
You can stare at their bare face.

I saw faces worried and sad
Some looked angry and some smiled glad
I saw couples or they appeared so
The girl spoke harshly & boy listened to her woes

There were two ladies, one small & other big
The bigger one had lot to tell
She went on speaking, narrating her tales
Of her rendezvous with different males

Smaller one, pinned down by size
Had nothing much to say in return
She kept nodding her head
Inside cursing the other to be dead

I saw a man laughing hard
He kept scratching his bald
People around had a laugh too
Were his jokes funny? I had no clue

My eyes met a person, who seemed tired
He appeared like from his job he just got fired
His face was pale, his eyes were wet
It seemed some tragedy he had surely met

The bus cruised through the traffic
Honking its horns & making swift cuts
Stops came, some climbed & some left
The steering swirled as driver eased with deft

Many a thoughts hit my brain
All of a sudden it was under strain
As my brain tried to search
An answer to an unknown question

All I wanted was to find peace
That is lost in myriad of human feelings
This peace I want to see in every eye
Before the time comes for them to die

~ Surya
Seeker


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

The Gambler's Night

Devouring of the Moon