My Anthem


My Anthem
I am not insane, I am not mean
I am not selfish & I don’t lean
I am not perfect and I don’t want to be
All I want is to set myself free

I want to let my thought fly
When I am hurt I do cry
Clarity in my thoughts is what I seek
All I want is not be weak

I am not always truthful, I do lie
Now, please don’t ask when and why?
I am not ugly, I am not rude
All I want is to be a cool dude

Sitting here motionless, I don’t want to rust
Longer the silence, stronger will be my outburst
I am not an effete, I am just lazy
All I want is to do something really crazy

When I look at sky it looks back
I am not white, I am not black
The race has begun with the count of three
All I want is to rest under the shade of a tree

I am not tall and I am not great
I don’t believe everything is decided by fate
I am not king, I don’t wear a crown
All I want is to never back down

I am not big, I am just small
It’s my attitude that will never let me fall
I am not fast, I am not strong
All I want is to never go wrong

I am not flawless and I don’t always win
I will help, even though you are not my kin
I don’t need a straw, I drink from bottle
All I want is top speed at full throttle

I am not stupid, I am not mad
I am a man & for this I am very glad
I  break the rules, but I don’t break the law
All I want is to just stay raw
          
         ~ Surya ( definitely saty )

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kool Saty, It reminded me of one of my poem written years ago for the title "Who Am I"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

The Gambler's Night

Devouring of the Moon