Planet X


The parks are empty, the roads deserted
I wonder why my shadow is inverted
Where have all the people gone?
I wonder if I am stranded here alone

I walk by the same old path
The sound of silence is goth
Trees stand lifeless with bare barks
On the walls there are weird geometric marks

The abandoned cars have become rusty and old
Sky keeps changing its color from fuchsia to gold
Is this a World? or it's mirror image
As Shakespeare said, is it literally a stage!

The malls are open, no guards to stop
The stations are vacant, with none to hop
The asphalt road seems black and thick
The clock has reversed its direction of the tick

I finally see a man, he seems distant
A relief, sign of another life
He approached me at a rapid pace
When he came close, I saw his robotic face

I recoiled and jeered "Who are you?"
Welcome Jack!, I am T101 brand new
The reply came sharp and clear
It said, "I am a robot and Hello my dear!"

T101 gave a me a digital letter
It was in binary so, I gave up
he converted everything to hexadecimal
but my understanding never got better

All of a sudden, the place around me whirred to life
Cars with no windows came and stopped
An army of robots descended and walked up to me
Stupefied and disoriented I, fell down on my knee

Just then a big one with bright body armor came out
It extended its arm and shook its head
In a booming voice it said - "Welcome to Planet X"
"and they call me Tyrannosaurus rex"

- Surya
Transported



Comments

  1. Nice one. Imaginative, interesting depiction. 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

The Gambler's Night

Devouring of the Moon