Draupadi's Lament


I pray to thee, oh! My dear lord!
Please save me from this fraud
Strength of my men is lost
Their hearts are now sealed in frost
They now stand head held low
Shattered by Shakuni’s blow

Couldn’t they see the deceit?
Couldn’t they decide to forfeit?
Look, what the desire has cost
My honor is about to be lost
Oh! My dear lord, I only have you
Save me soon, minutes are few

Mighty Bhim can’t move an inch
While, to my garb I desperately clinch
Arjun’s aim is no more the same
Yudhisthir failed in an unfair game
Oh! My dear lord my strength is weak
I pray to thee, save this meek

I am being stripped in front of all
Crowd is pleased watching Pandava’s fall
Now, I have very less to hide
In shame five men watch plight of their bride
Oh! My dear lord, I can no more wait
Come save me before it’s too late

This is a horrendous crime
Repercussions will be soon seen in time
My men will prepare to retaliate
In their anger Kaurava’s kingdom will spifflicate
But my lord, they are bound by their deal
Protect me, before you I kneel

The last piece of cloth is clung to my flesh
Audience eye it like a meat which is fresh
Their lustful eyes pierce my heart
I wish in them Arjun could thrust his dart
But he can’t so I pray to thee
Descent on to earth and set me free

~Surya
In resentment


And Lord Krishna promises her - “Soon wilt thou, O Draupadi, behold the ladies of Bharata’s race weep as thou dost. Even they, O timid one, will weep like thee, their kinsmen and friends being slain. They with whom, O lady, thou art angry, have their kinsmen and warriors already slain…. I will accomplish all this."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

I'm a Coder!

THE CYNICAL WORLD