They told me to write it


I wanted to sleep
they asked me to sit
When I sat up
They asked me to stand
I stood upright 
And then they told me to walk
I started to walk
And they asked me to run
I started running
The same voice told me to sprint
I increased the pace
I was sprinting away
The pace kept increasing
I dont know how!
I was sprinting and sprinting
My peripheral vision stared blurring
Everything around me disappeared
Only the thick black tar road remained
And I was sprinting on it
The world was now grey
The road remained black
It was cold and it was grim
Is this how death feels?
The voices have stopped
There is just silence
What is that? I see something
There is an obstacle on my path
I am sprinting towards it
I can't slow down
Should I jump above it?
Or should I slide underneath it?
I dont know what to do
Why the voices have stopped
I have no clue
I am approaching it fast
Where has the voice disappeared?
Why have the instructions stopped?
Looks like I have momentum
If I would just hit it fast enough
It might just break it into pieces
I am almost there, just about to hit
But it has disappeared 
Or have I passed throught it like a ghost?
I want to look back and check
But I cant move my head
I can only look ahead
I am sprinting and sprinting
Now what I see?
Oh it is a path full of thorns
and it streches for miles and miles
I want to look at my feet
I dont know if I am wearing shoes
But I cant move my head
I am almost there
Just about to step on the thorns
As I land my feet feels no pain
It is just the constant thud 
Of black tar road 
I blink and the thorns have vanished
Now I hear something coming from above
Oh, it is raining arrows
I might get hit, I will surely be killed
The raining arrows may pierce me
It might happen anytime now
Here comes one, but what has happened
As soon as it touched me
It has turned to flower
All the arrows are turing to flowers
Colorless flowers, lifeless flowers
I am wondering now
Is this some divine intervention?
I don't have time to think
I am sprinting and sprinting
Now what is that, fiery red?
Oh it is a big ball of fire
rushing towards me
I guess I am done
I will be smashed and burned
But wait, will this also pass?
Should I keep the faith and head on?
I cannot stop
I am sprinting and sprinting
It is very near, I can feel the heat
We are moments away from crashing
Something is moving underneath
Oh is that an earthquake?
Why the road is swelling
The fire ball has hit a bump
It has gone past me, above my head
I am sprinting and sprinting
I dont know how to stop
Why are my legs not paining?
Now what do I see?
This is totally weird
I see someone running towards me
He is running at a franctic pace
We are in straight line
running in opposite directions
But towards each other
Now we are close
I can see features of his face
What the hell?
He just looks like me
Oh shit we are going to collide
I am not panicking
I am sure this too will be averted
We are meters away 
I feel like smiling
We are inches away
I am sure something will prevent it
We are centimeters away
Miracle will happen any moment now
I have hit something
There is a lot of pain
All my nerves are on fire
Feels like i am enveloping something
But I am being wrapped too
Why are there two thoughts in my head
The pain has doubled
I have started moving up
Rocketing towards the sky
I am above the clouds now
Looks like I have escape velocity
I am racing outwards very fast
I can see the globe below
It is grey not blue
I have gone past the moon now
Past the sun, past the jupiter
I have gone past neptune
Pluto is missing, what a fortune
I have left our solar system
I am in an empty black void
I dont know how I am breathing
I am just moving far and far
Drifting away, floating away
Time has come to a stand still
I am drifting and drifting
But wait I see something
There is something glowing green
They are getting bigger and bigger
They are illuminated by flourscent light
They are taking shapes of English letters
Oh, I can read them now
and it reads G A M E - O V E R
Now I hear a voice
I am wondering, where it had gone missing
There is a pat on my shoulder
It feels somehow real and unreal
There is something strapped on my eyes
Okay someone is removing it
I can still see the letters
But they are getting smaller and smaller
Okay I can see around
The world is not grey
Its colorful and brightly lit
Okay it is a room
I see the device that was removed
Okay, it is a VR kit
Ahh, what a relief
But why had I forgotten I was inside it
Okay I get up, no one tells me to walk
I walk towards the vending machine
No one tells me anything
I pick a can of soda
No one tells me anything
So I sit and drink
I finish the can of soda 
and toss it in the bin
I walk out of the room
I am in a shopping complex
Why dont I remember coming here
No one tells me anything
I hear no voice
There is a weird yearning to hear it again
I start walking, I look around
It is completely deserted
It is eerily silent
I stride ahead in complete silence
My footsteps are silent too
I keep walking and walking
Then I hear a familiar voice
and it says "Run!"

~Surya

(Inversely Proportional)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

I'm a Coder!

Devouring of the Moon