Paramedic's Panorama

Paramedic’s Panorama

In a white van with a red light
The call of duty beckons even at night
I have seen the pain; I have seen the loss
I have seen the dead lying gross

A cracked skull; a punched nose
I can sense the death when it’s close
A broken jaw; a split ear
I know when it will take long to repair

War, accidents and flood
I have seen everywhere blood
The sight of it has grown in my head
Now I see everywhere red

Dislocated bones; punctured vessels
I have fixed them all, fixed them same
Snapped fingers; swerved toes
The cry of young and old, I have heard the same

A gashed belly, a slit throat
At times, I have saved them both
A strike to brain, a bullet through heart
Death has style and it loves art

Killers of pain, unconsciousness dose
Morphine injected and quickly pain goes
Sedatives, paralytics I keep all kind
Stitch in times saves nine, knows my mind

To always try my best, I have taken the oath
Life and death, I have encountered them both
It hurts me that I can’t always save
Between you and death I will always stand brave.

~Surya

(Thinking again)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mist covered destiny

Devouring of the Moon

I'm a Coder!